Tyvek 1443R (per metre)
$11.00Add to wish list
Tyvek 1443R is a versatile material often used in the outdoor community for ground sheets, breathable bivy's and many other uses.
Roll Width: 1524mm
Tyvek 1443R is a spunbonded olefin family of tough, durable products that are stronger than
paper and more cost-effective and versatile than fabrics. Made from high-density polyethylene
fibers, it is an extremely versatile material, offering a balance of physical characteristics that
combine the best properties of paper, film and cloth.
Soft structure Tyvek is used where barrier, durability and breathability are required. They offer excellent splash and dry protection against particulate matter and provide an excellent bacterial barrier. The unique low-linting properties, combined with the barrier properties, make Type 14 an excellent material for clean room apparel in pharmaceutical manufacture and electronic device assembly.
SEWING SOFT STRUCTURE STYLES, TYPE 14
• Use up to 12 stitches/in (4.7 stitches/cm); however, 6 to 8 stitches/in (2.4 to 3.1 stitches/cm)
provides the highest seam strength (greatest resistance to postage stamp tear).
• Use a fine-tooth feed dog; 12 to 21 teeth/in (4.7 to 8.3 teeth/cm).
• Decrease presser-foot tension until the sheet just feeds through the machine without slipping. Approximately 10-lb (4.5-kg) force should be sufficient.
• Decrease bobbin tension until the bobbin just slips down the thread: 3 oz (85 g).
• Wind bobbin with thread tension set so that thread just slips through the disc: 2 oz (57g).
• After setting bobbin tension, adjust needle tension to produce a balanced stitch.
• Conventional threads of cotton/synthetic or 100% synthetic threads of nylon or polyester can
• Spun-filament polyester is stronger than cotton thread and is preferred for flame-resistant
S. A. FernandoVerified purchaseRostrevor12 March 2021
Great product. Strong, breathable, easy to cut and stitch. Good value for money.
paul schafferVerified purchaseSunshine Coast, Qld29 September 2020
Great product. I bought it because of its features - breathable, waterproof, extremely strong, can't tear it, and extremely light. One use is for silicagel for camera bags.